By Alissa Gavrilescu on Nov 16, 2022 @ 01:45 PM
This Thanksgiving, cook up something to keep your smile health: try this recipe for a delicious sugar-free cranberry sauce that's as delicious as it is easy to make.
This is a simple homemade cranberry sauce that will get your dentist’s seal of approval. It’s great to use with your Thanksgiving turkey, but you can use any leftovers to top your morning yogurt for a festive and smile-friendly snack.
What is the Best Sweetener for Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce?
Cranberries are naturally very tart. You will use something to sweeten them when making keto cranberry sauce. You can use a natural sweetener blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia in this recipe to sweeten up the recipe. You also add variations to this recipe such as, orange or lemon to add zest, or ginger to add spice. For this recipe, you just need 4 ingredients and you can make it in under 20 minutes.
SUGAR-FREE CRANBERRY SAUCE
What you'll need:
- 12 oz bag of cranberries
- 1 cup sugar substitute that's equivalent (stevia, xylitol, or use your sugar substitute of choice).
- 4 oz water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- Rinse your cranberries in a colander and discard any soft or discolored berries
- Combine the cranberries and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until all the berries pop, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the other ingredients and reduce the heat to low. Cook until desired thickness. Keep in mind that it will thicken further as it cools.
If you want to add a special twist to this recipe, you can substitute the water for a cup of sugar-free apple juice or cider. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or you can freeze for 2-3 months.
We hope you enjoy this simple and smile-worthy recipe this Thanksgiving with your family.
From the Solstice Family to yours, have a happy and healthy holiday.