By Alissa Gavrilescu on Nov 26, 2019 @ 01:45 PM
This Thanksgiving, cook up something to keep your smile health: try this recipe for a delicious sugar-free cranberry sauce that's as delicious as it is easy to make.
This is a simple homemade cranberry sauce that will get your dentist’s seal of approval. It’s great to use with your Thanksgiving turkey, but you can use any leftovers to top your morning yogurt for a festive and smile-friendly snack.
SUGAR-FREE CRANBERRY SAUCE
What you'll need:
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries
- Sugar substitute that's equivalent to 1 cup sugar, we like stevia, but you can use your sugar substitute of choice.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rise your cranberries in a colander and discard any soft or discolored berries
- Pour the cranberries into a medium-sized pot and place it on the stove
- Stir in the water, orange zest, salt and cinnamon
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, stirring often. You'll start to notice your cranberries popping - that's a sign that it's coming together nicely.
- Cook for approximately 5-8 minutes, or until it's the consistency you like. If you prefer a thicker sauce, just keep cooking for a few minutes longer.
If you want to add a special twist to this recipe, you can substitute the water for a cup of sugar-free apple juice or cider.
We hope you enjoy this simple and smile-worthy recipe this Thanksgiving with your family.
From the Solstice Family to yours, have a happy and healthy holiday.