By Tim Fitzgerald on Aug 8, 2022 9:17:00 AM
- Virtually connecting with clients can be just as lucrative as doing it in person.
- The advantages of virtual communication include savings on commute time, the ability to serve clients in rural locations, and health and safety.
- You can use social media, video conferencing, emails, and online webinars to virtually connect.
The COVID-19 pandemic changed the way many of us work. Now that we have protective measures in the form of vaccines, antiviral pills, and more, many employers have reversed course on allowing remote work only, mandating a return to work, at least part-time. This includes those in the insurance broker industry.
The pandemic, however, proved that you can provide effective services virtually, either in the office or working remotely. Video software technologies like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Workspace make it possible to talk to anyone, any time, from anywhere.
Connecting with your clients is vital whether you do it in person or virtually. Below, we provide four tips to help insurance brokers connect virtually with clients.
The advantages of meeting with clients virtually
We know the pandemic significantly impacted how we communicate with clients. According to an article on remote work statistics of 2022, 55% of businesses globally now offer some capacity for remote work.
Things have slowly been returning to normal for a while now. More employers are back in the office, and face-to-face meetings are possible again. Still, there are advantages to keeping virtual communication as part of your business playbook.
The advantages of virtual communication include:
- Saves commuting time
- Can be easier to schedule
- Savings on gas from the lack of commute
- Ability to serve customers in remote or rural locations
- Dress can be more casual
- Safer for everyone’s health (especially those who are immune-compromised)
Tip 1: Take advantage of social media
You’ll start to understand the power of social media when you use it to connect with on-the-go clients. Using your own voice and personality on platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube can be an easy (and relatively inexpensive) way to show your clients that you’re invested in their lives and health.
How can you use social media?
- Ask about what’s happening at their business or with them personally
- Inquire about their health, including mental and emotional health
- Post images showing new products or services
- Give updates on upcoming appointments
- Post stories about events or causes in your community
- Host a benefits Q&A
- Share content from leaders in your industry
You want to post just enough information, so your clients know where things stand without becoming too overwhelmed. Don't forget that you want to educate potential clients looking into good health, vision, and dental plans.
Tip 2: Video conferencing
Hopefully, you’ve gotten more comfortable using video conferencing tools. If not, here’s a refresher.
Video conferencing allows you to hold online meetings using a video feed on a platform like Skype, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams. You can hold meetings on a computer, smartphone, or tablet that can connect to the internet.
Depending on your needs, you can conduct meetings with one, five, or hundreds of clients or potential clients. Nowadays, every business has found comfort and efficiency through this seamless form of communication, enabling group collaborations or meetings while being both efficient and cost-effective.
Video conferences are a great way to connect face-to-face with people who may be in a different city or even another part of the country. It’s a great way to build trust and rapport with clients.
Tip 3: Email marketing
You have a lot of control over how you communicate via email. Many experts believe email is the most effective means of communication and marketing.
- You can collect and save client emails
- You can send out an e-blast or newsletter
- You can see how many people have opened your emails
- You can see how many people have clicked on a link(s)
- You can see who has clicked on a link(s)
- You can track sales and calculate your return on investment (ROI)
Marketing experts have long considered email marketing a top priority for any company. They generate better results than most marketing channels. In fact, they have the highest conversion rate (66%) for purchases made in response to promotional messages.
With email, you can:
- Send “welcome” messages and drip campaigns
- Share high-quality (non-salesy) information
- Ask for feedback about your products or services
- Answer client questions
- Introduce new products/services
- Share your latest content (blogs, videos, social media posts, etc.)
- Share the latest news about your company (new hires, awards, announcements, community events you participated in, personal news about your life)
- Share industry updates
- Offer health/wellness tips and resources
You can use emails for one-on-one communication as well. A short back-and-forth will allow you to ask your clients about their needs and explore options that may be available to help them stay healthy in these stressful times.
Tip 4: Host online webinars
Hosting online webinars is a great way to educate your clients about the latest trends, launch new products or services, generate new leads, and acquire more business.
Here are seven tips for developing effective webinars:
- Engage clients with relevant information
- Use analytics to discover your best content (not just what you like, but content that led to conversions)
- Create an attractive, professional landing page with the date and time of the webinar
- Include short bios about your presenters
- Write a good “blurb” so potential customers know what you’re offering (and why it’s worth their time)
- Offer free content or discounted services (and let them know they can only get it at the end of the webinar)
- Explain what attendees will learn at the beginning of the webinar (so they stay with you)
How can Solstice help you?
We all have a lot going on right now and it can be a challenge to make yourself shine. But, with these tips, you can start making virtual connections that work for you and your clients.
If you want to stay ahead of the competition, consider selling Solstice insurance plans. We offer dental, vision, and life insurance at affordable rates. – Find out how Solstice can help you and your clients today!