By Kate Ranta on Jan 5, 2015 11:12:54 AM
The holidays are over, and maybe you feel a bit out of touch with your clients. Everyone is so busy at the end of the year and many are away altogether. Here are 5 simple ways to stay in touch with clients during busy times throughout the year:
- Recommend them on LinkedIn. This small gesture can go a long way. Often, people are shy about asking for recommendations. How about beating them to it? Go ahead and describe all the great ways your clients do business. They’ll appreciate the proactive effort, and will put your name on their radar.
- Feature them in marketing tools, such as your newsletter or blog. You can spotlight one or two clients each month. Not only is this showing them some PR love, but they’ll appreciate the exposure. And, you’ll learn more about your clients when they share industry tips, advice and strategies—and advantage for you and your business.
- Be a giver. When staying in touch, you should focus on what you can provide your clients. Be creative. As a dental insurance broker, why not provide them with some toothbrushes and floss for employees, as well as a handy guide about good oral hygiene? Think outside the box so you’re memorable.
- Comment on their posts. If your clients blog or are on social media, comment on or retweet their stuff. You can subscribe to their blogs and set up social media alerts for when they post. Leave thoughtful comments. This not only shows support, it keeps communication open between you and them.
- Remember—and recognize—special occasions. You don’t have to go overboard. But remembering birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and other occasions that are special to clients helps them know you are invested in them. Handwritten notes are the best. They’re more personal than an email and show you put effort into remembering.