By Erica Laceria on Apr 29, 2020 10:09:00 AM
It’s your job to find people who need insurance. You spend countless hours and funds on visiting prospective clients both in-person and virtually. But, if you're not using this resource, you're missing out on having more reach and gaining more clients. The resource you need to add to your daily routine is the social media platform, Twitter.
Just about everyone is on some form of social media nowadays. Each platform has their specific strengths, which allow users to gather the best information for their needs or connect with the right people. Twitter, for example, started off as a “status update” platform, until businesses got a hold of it. Today, businesses use Twitter to give short, descriptive updates on news and events, connect with customers as an extension of their standard customer service offerings, and scout out prospective clients.
All this information is at the fingertips of you and your business. However, it is important that you use the tool correctly. Twitter is meant to be used to harvest conversations and help you network – not only posting about yourself. Often, a few tweets back and forth will lead to a professional relationship that would not have formed in any other way.
With over 330 million monthly active users, Twitter is considered an encyclopedia of resources for businesses of all kinds – including insurance brokerages! By following the right accounts, you can help build your business. The following is a list of 6 dental twitter accounts you should be following that have gotten the hang of Twitter and should inspire you with your own account.
- @askthedentist - Be in the know of all things dental and dental care by following Dr. Mark Burhenne. His twitter account is a great resource to help you learn about what's happening in the dental industry, new products and even some DIY dental hacks!
- @gary_takacs - For tweets about the business side of dentistry, Gary Takacs is the person to follow. He focuses on sharing information that will help dentists build stronger practices. You can use these tips to help build your client base, too!
- @ADANews – The American Dental Association is a great resource for anyone in the dental industry -- from providers, patients, and to you as a broker. This account is a one stop shop for all dental administrative support solutions.
- @HowardFarran – Howard Farran is an author, lecturer, and entrepreneur who tweets interesting information about general dentistry. You can retweet his posts to engage your clients in a conversation. Most of his tweets have large illustrations, and he posts on a regular basis.
- @Benefits_PRO - This account is the top resource for benefits professionals, such as yourself, to keep updated with news, analysis & market trends within your industry.
- @DentistryToday - Follow Dentistry Today to learn the latest clinical news in dentistry. This can be a great resource to re-tweet and share with your clients to show you're stay-up-to-date with the industry.
Now is the time to connect with these and so many other active tweeters in the dental and insurance world. The list above is merely a snapshot of all the information you can find on Twitter (once again) for FREE! If you’re unsure of how to use Twitter or set up an account, download our social media for business eBook. You’ll be on your way to a new scope of clients in no time!