Dental office appearance is extremely important because what your patients see the minute they enter your waiting room helps shape their first impressions. And, first impressions are hard to change. Studies show that people do not take long to make up their minds!
The appearance of your dental office is not only critically important but it is also something that is completely within your control.
Here are some tips to keep your dental office shiny and bright:
1. Dust/vacuum. Making sure that your office is clean seems like a no-brainer…but you’d be surprised. No one wants to trust their health to a place that is dirty and dusty.
2. Neatness counts. Keep clutter to a minimum. A good dental office provides a comforting, homey atmosphere, while still appearing professional and reliable. Keep knick-knacks to a minimum. A few for decoration is okay, but don't overdo it!
3. Magazines and books. Many people enjoy looking at the magazines that are often found in dental offices. In some cases it might be their only chance to take a look at them. Make sure they are fairly current and in good condition. Remove magazines that are ripped or damaged.
4. Television. Many offices now provide a TV in the waiting room. Be sure to keep the volume at a moderate level. It should simply provide quiet background noise. Consider adding the subtitles rather than turning up the volume.
5. WiFi. Some offices consider offering WiFi to their patients who are waiting. Sometimes, people may have to attend their dental appointments during the workday, and would appreciate being able to log in. If you do offer WiFi be sure to display signs to let patrons know!
These are just a few ways you can help your dental office appear to be in tip-top shape. And remember, not only does appearance make a difference, but so does your front desk staff. Make sure they are friendly and well-trained. All of this goes a long way with patients!